Naturally Active Ingredients
Ingredients derived from nature and activated by science to provide real skincare benefits. We are a leading innovator in the science of Naturally Active Ingredients unlocking the true potential of nature’s skin-enhancing secrets such as Oats and Soy
AVEENO® finely-milled, naturally active oats are sourced from non-GMO oats grown in Canada, US and France. The manufacturing process of colloidal oatmeal does not utilise chemical solvents and has high standards of quality assurance.
The oat essence- Avenanthramides - are chemical compounds isolated directly from oats through a careful extraction process and has the most anti-irritant properties of all oat extracts.
The oat oil is a separate component produced from oats through an environmentally friendly extraction process.
Oatmeal baths have long been recommended for people with a variety of sensitive skin conditions, providing a soothing effect while helping to improve the skins protective barrier.
The Benefits of Oats
Oats are well known for their many skincare benefits; providing relief to those suffering with dry skin by helping moisturise and soothe itchy skin.
- Soothes: oatmeal has a soothing action on sensitive, itchy skin.
- Cleanses: the oat particles adhere to dirt and dead skin cells allowing them to be washed away.
- Moisturises: helps to restore moisture to dehydrated skin.
- Buffers: helps return skin to normal pH levels.
- Protects: creates a protective film on the surface of the skin.
Soy has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years thanks to its health and nutritional benefits. More recently, soy has been proven to help even skin tone and texture and help protect the skin from environmental stresses like free radicals.
AVEENO® Positively Radiant™ products contain naturally active Total Soy. Total Soy contains a broad spectrum of non-denatured active components that provide a number of skin care benefits.
The benefits of soy
- Evens skin tone: Soy proteins work to reduce the appearance of blotchiness and discolouration.
- Smoothes skin texture: Helps smooth and soften skin's texture
- Anti-oxidant Effect: Vitamin E and A are natural components of soy with anti-oxidant properties, known to help moisturize the skin.